CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

25 January 2009

We're back!!!

So we're sorry to have kept everyone waiting, but as we are computer illiterate with a capital C.I., it took us a bit to figure out our new camera. It's awesome by the way. This video was taken just a few days ago. Elliott is growing sooo much!! He now weighs 12 pounds and he's 21 inches long, he's a chunk. :)

I'm not sure who all has heard the story of the blessing, but in case you haven't, here it is. Jacob blessed Elliott at our house because we didn't want to take him to church with all the germs, it being RSV season and all. Jacob started the blessing just fine, it was same old same old. When he got to the easy part, the part where he gave him his name, he blessed him as Elliott John Smith. Yeah, our name is Ashley. For those of you who don't know, we got the name Elliott from the musician Elliott Smith. I guess that's what was on Jacob's mind during the blessing, so it was too bad he was the one saying it. :) Needless to say, we were all trying pretty hard to keep it all in so by the time the blessing was over we all pretty well lost it. We bring it up quite often, just to keep Jacob humble. Feel free to call Jacob at any time to make fun of him for his blunder. :)

Elliott is so much fun. He's smiling so often now, and his smile brightens up a room. It's sooo cute! He laughs just a tiny bit too, but not as often. His favorite past times are getting his bum changed, being bathed, and in general being naked. Can you tell now who his dad is? He's such a cute little guy, and he's such a blessing to us. I really think Jacob and I get along better now that he's here. Not that we were on the verge of divorce before or anything, but we fight much less now than we used to. I think mainly because he's mellowed me out, Jacob didn't need to change. :)

We took some family pictures a couple of weeks ago, so as soon as they're in we'll upload those too. I can't continue to deprive those who live out of town the cuteness of this kid! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY AND AT LAST!!!!!
I want MORE - MORE - MORE!!!
He's adorable.

Sydney said...

WELCOME BACK!!!!! I faithfully kept checking in knowing that you would eventually get back to us and I wasn't going to miss a second. He'd adorable and that bottom lip couldn't possibly have been stuck out any farther! CLASSIC!!!! Keep it coming kids! We love the updates.