First things first... Happy Anniversary to my darling husband!! It's been a really great weekend, kicked off by some close friends getting hitched. I've known Kandis since grade school, and when she started dating Kenny he fell in with our big group of friends really well. They're a great couple, and it was awesome to be able to see them get married. Congrats you guys!Well that's annoying... It shows up right side up in my photo folder but not on here. Oh well, I'm keeping it anyway suckas!
So the wedding was on Thursday, and on Friday we left Elliott at home with his Grammy and Granddad while we went on a fun mini weekend to Salt Lake. We didn't take any pictures because we thought the camera was lost, so I'll just tell you about it (I should have looked for it in my purse, that's where I found it hiding today). I got off work at around 5:30 and we hustled up to check in to our room at Embassy Suites, it was really nice. Our view was of downtown Salt Lake, which is gorgeous at night. After checking in, we walked around downtown, got a few books from the book store (because what else would you do on your anniversary trip besides read, right?), and we got dinner at a really nice Italian restaurant. We were going to go see a movie, but we decided to do that the next day. I had thought we were going to see Robin Hood, because I had heard a lot of really good things about it. We had talked about it before hand and had decided on it. But of course, I had underestimated Jacob. We watched 'Prince of Persia' instead. It's not the best movie by a long shot. It was poorly acted and the fighting scenes were so-so, but somehow I pulled through...
It was tough, let me tell you.
After the movie we had lunch and then we headed home. Elliott was thrilled to see Jacob, however he was not the least bit interested in me. Hopefully it's a phase that he's going through, but I am not his favorite person by a long shot. Oh well... someday he'll appreciate me, right?
Today is our actual anniversary, even though we celebrated it Friday and Saturday. We took Elliott to the park and rented a movie, and as we speak Jacob is waiting for me to finish blogging so we can start it. I'll post park pictures of Elliott, since they're super cute.He loved this little ramp. It leads from the grassy area to the little toddler slides, but he didn't go on the slides for the first half of the time we were there. He just ran up and down this thing, having a total blast.
Peek-a-boo! He discovered this tube before becoming interested in the slides also. He loved to go in it with the big kids, even if afterward they left him in the dust. :)
A fun little wheel thingy...
And finally a slide! He loved it so much he tried to climb back up it to go again. I think we'll be visiting this park a lot during the summer, he was too cute.
Swinging. He kept his eyes closed almost the whole time because it was so bright. We need to get another hat for this kid, he's outgrown all of his with his huge noggin'! (...it's like an orange and a toothpick...)
This is a little thingy where you slide a little part and it shows you an animal that begins with a certain letter. He slid the "L" one up...
...and found a little girl playing peek-a-boo with him! It was really cute. :)
We had a blast at the park, we'll probably go again this week. It was cut a little short because it was the little guy's nap time and he was getting kinda cranky (I know, Elliott cranky! Impossible, right?).
And since it's our anniversary, I want to shout out a quick one to the hubs. I love you so much babe. I know we joke a lot about starting our relationship because I felt sorry for you, but that so isn't how it worked. You were my best friend almost from day one, and you're still my best friend. I am so lucky to have you in my life, and thank you for giving me a reason to smile every day. xoxoxo
31 May 2010
Promise 100% kept so far... (It's still May)
Posted by Sara and Jacob at 7:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh you do love him. That's cool. Happy Anniversary. I like the peek a boo picture too. so cute
Said it on FB but I'll say it again here, Happy Anniversary! Hope to see you and that cute baby soon! Oh, and Elliott can come too ;0)
I Love you guys and can't wait to see you next month. This is the only time that TIME drags on.
Post a Comment