CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

12 September 2008

Amnio-sen-WHAT?!?!?

Yeah, I know it's been 3 months since my last post. Oops... But here I am, with an action-packed update.

Item 1. We went to California in August to visit everyone out there and had such a blast!! We didn't give anyone any notice because we literally decided to go on a Tuesday and left that Thursday. We went shopping, to the beach, and had fun with family. We would've liked to stay longer, but we had to go back to our stupid jobs. :(

Item 2. I (Sara) have an ear infection. Yeah, you know those things you get when you're 3? That's what I have. No idea how it happened, but I'm not a happy camper. Apparently they're pretty tough when they happen to adults and it's wiping me out. Sympathy candy and cookies can be dropped off any time.

Item 3. This is where the amnio...etc. thing comes in (I don't know how to spell it, but it's pronounced amnio-sen-tee-sis). So we go to the doctor appointment on Monday and the doctor tells us that he wants the baby out as soon as possible to give my kidneys a break, and that would mean just as soon as his lungs are developed he'd be coming out. How do they find out his lungs are developed, you may ask? Here's the gist of the dialogue between me and the doctor:

Me: So what exactly is an amniosentesis?
Dr: They take a long, thin needle and extract some amniotic fluid out of your uterus, and in doing that we can check to see how far along he is.
Me: Oh, so since it's a thin needle, does that mean it won't hurt as bad?
Dr: (Lets out a "Dude, I feel so bad for you" chuckle) I didn't say it wouldn't hurt.

Yeah, so my belly is already uncomfortable enough. And the best part about THAT is that if the baby's lungs aren't developed they'll do the same thing each week until they are. Luckily I'm thinking the worst case scenerio would be like 3 times because they'll start it at 37 weeks, but still... It sucks. So keep your fingers crossed that he'll be ready and raring to come out at 37 weeks. :)

Item 4: Our camera is still broken. We found the reciept, and Jacob keeps on asking me to just let him take care of the warranty stuff, but if it doesn't happen soon I think I may have to hurt his pride and take care of it myself. So no pictures... Sorry.

Item 5: Jacob's going crazy lately with work, school, pregnant wife, internship, etc. He's not totally loving his job, because he's on the phone with crazy cranky people all day. So that's kind of draining him, but he's liking school okay. He's taking a Public History Practicum class and he's enjoying that, but it's requiring 90 hours of practicum plus 225 hours of an internship at the library at UVU. It's hours spent doing stuff that interests him, but he'll have to get all that done before the baby comes, and I'll be at 37 weeks in less than 8 weeks so he's a little stressed. I guess if he doesn't have it all done by then it would be okay, but I'll be needing some major help in recovering from the c-section. We'd have to majorly refine our time management skills. It's looking like we're getting practice with it now. :)

So that's what's been going on over the past little while. At this rate, my next post will be when the baby turns 1...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your writing.... keep it up. I miss you guys already. Hugs & Kisses.

Sydney said...

I'm with Becky- I love your writing and you do need to do it more often :-) and I need to call you to hear all about this but perhaps at a more normal hour. hugs!

Jennifer said...

I hope everything works out

Aimee said...

You couldn't call me or come tell me that on Sunday? Sara I think we are now fighting