CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

20 October 2008

Baby updates...

So I realized that I was leaving people in the dark when Syd called me asking what the scoop was on the baby front. Sorry, I should get on it more often. :)

I went in for an ultrasound last week, and they said that the baby is doing fine, but that he was 6 lbs 4 oz. This concerned me, because 4 weeks earlier he was only 3 lbs 6 oz. I talked to my doctor today about it, and he said that one of the weights was off. He said that there was no way that could happen, because even if I was having a hulk baby he'd have to be pretty upset, and right now my baby doesn't have any emotions. Did I mention that our doctor is totally perfect for us? Yeah, he brought up a hulk baby. It's like he's Jacob every now and then. :) We also scheduled our appointment for our first amniocentesis, it's happening on November 3rd. What does that mean? Well, I'll explain. When they determine that his lungs are okay, (I'm willing them to be okay. I'm not doing that more than once!) they'll probably deliver him that day. At the longest, they'll wait until November 4th but they're thinking November 3rd. Since we'll be in the hospital for the big day, (i.e. voting day) I'm trying to fill out the paperwork I need to send in an absentee ballot. We're thinking of changing his name too. If he's born November 4th, Elliott Barack Ashley. (Sorry, grandma.) If he's born November 5th, Elliott Fawkes Ashley. (Remember, remember the 5th of November...) What do you think? :)

Our camera is on its way finally! We sent it in, so hopefully we'll have it in time to post pictures of the little guy. I'm sure we will, I'm glad we're getting it in!! And I think that does it as far as the updates are concerned. Love you all!!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Fun. Cute. Exciting. scary! Hey I have a digital camera that you can borrow if you want until you get yours back. I wish the best for everything to go well!

Bethany said...

thanks for the update. can't wait to see you this week!

Sydney said...

Thanks for the update and playing phone tag with me! I love the fluid "what should we make the middle name: game! You kids are great and never a dull moment. Take care of yourself and keep us (as "us" I mean "me") posted. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I like 'Barack', but still prefer 'John'. No apologies here:)

Jennifer said...

Good luck with that

Aimee said...

How am I supposed to call him E.J. if his middle name is Barack?

gk risser said...

My Mom's cousin had a pumpkin that grew 95 pounds in 2 days.

Our pediatrician freaked us out with a bad number as well. They thought Van's head had grown 8 inches in three weeks. Not a fun (or cheap) number to get wrong.

Congrats you guys. I am rooting for Nov 4th!