Yeah, so yesterday we went to do the amnio, bags packed expecting to stay in the hospital for a few days. (Because, you know, the doctor said that there was a 95% chance he'd be born this week.) The amnio was soooo not a big deal, which was good. I suppose I'm used to needles, though, but I was stressing bigtime and I didn't need to, as it turns out. So anyway, they did the amnio, I was feeling confident, and about 45 minutes later they came back with the results. Here's what happened:
Nurse: OK, Ashley. (Of course she called me Ashley, because she just glanced at my chart and didn't realise that's my last name) I have a frown on my face. Baby's not ready to come.
Me: Really? They told me that there was a really good chance he'd be ready. How long do you think it'll be? (I was thinking maybe, like, the next couple of days)
Nurse: I'll have the doctor come in and talk to you about that, but there's a scale that we go off of. The scale is 1 to 50, and we don't like babies to come if their numbers are less than 50. Your baby is at an 11.
Me: ... *sniff*, *sob* ...
So the doctor came in and said that since he's so under-developed, there wasn't any point in doing another amnio. He'll for sure be ready when I'm at 39 weeks, so I just scheduled a c-section for November 17th. So no Elliott Barack, no Elliott Fawkes. He'll just be Elliott John. Actually, November 17th is my late grandmother's birthday, so we could go with Elliott Leone. He may have a problem with that, though...
So I'm sad. I'm glad we have the technology to know that he's not ready yet, but I had this idea of what would happen, you know? Jacob is bummed too, but he's glad to have a for sure day. So that's what's going on... Elliott just needs to cook a little bit longer. Which is cool, I guess. :)
04 November 2008
95% Chance my eye!!
Posted by Sara and Jacob at 12:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sarah - I love you, you're the best. I was bummed too (but not as much as you, I'm sure). But little Elliot will be perfect when he comes!!!
Hurray he still gets to be EJ. sorry guys about having to wait.
needs to cook more eh? haha hmm..interesting phrase.
but seriously, good luck with everything :}
Sara! That sucks he's not ready yet... you never know though, he might decide he's ready earlier than the 17th. Wouldn't that be cool? :) Good luck with everything, I can't wait to see him!
bake, my little bun in the oven. bake!
A little more time in the oven and he'll make a grand screaming lung entrance!!! And that's just how we want him Hang in there girl it's almost over. Big hugs.
Elliot. cool name. I hope that things go perfectly. It's amazing how slowly those last few days go, but soon you won't even remember the waiting. We're really excited to see pictures of the little guy.
Post a Comment