So lately I've been slacking in my blogging duties, I am well aware. Let me shift the blame, however, from me to my wonderful husband. Recently he bought a graphics card so he can spend more time with his all important computer games, but when he installed it things went all kerfunky. First the computer was useless because instead of having everything all nice and normal sized, everything was about this big. No, that's not accurate. It was much, much bigger. Like, say I'm checking my email, and how things normally look is like the Keebler Elves Gmail. After Jacob was done, it was more like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man Gmail. It was rediculous.
He fixed it of course, but in doing that he had to erase everything on our computer. He's slowly putting things back on (his first priority was iTunes), but my husband has a slight tendency towards procrastination (if you've never noticed before...) so I'm just waiting to be able to put pictures up again. As this is taking more and more time, I thought I'd just brave the blogging without any pictures. I hope you all can bear my rantings without photos of our adorable baby.
So, first things first... The bandage is off from Elliott's surgery, as it has been for a while. It looks pretty good. It's a small line, maybe a half an inch long, and it's red and still feels like there's cartelidge (I don't know if that's spelled correctly...) in it, but I've been told it's just scar tissue so it'll go down over time. After that first day of fussiness from it, he's been a champ. You'd never know that he had surgery at all, he's just a little trooper.
Elliott is doing really well with eating solids, almost all of it ends up in his mouth! He's also sitting up by himself like a champ, he rarely falls over any more. I think it must be because he's a genius.
He's fat. Even more so than he was when I was last able to post pictures or video. He's growing faster than I'm able to develop muscles, so it's difficult sometimes but we manage. :) So just so we're clear, just so there's no confusion, he's definitely fat. Obese. Large. Solid. Ginormous.
While we're on that topic, Elliott's parents aren't losing any weight either. We are trying to fix that, because lately we've been looking at our wedding pictures and we were hotties! We're still cute now, but it's more like a "Oh, look at that cute chubby couple. They're both so chubby, isn't that cute?!" type of cute. So hopefully by the time we see long-lost friends and family we'll be hotties again, but don't make us feel bad if you see us before the change happens. :)
Jenna's home now, looking for a job. If anyone knows of any job openings, let us know. Jenna's a really bright (like, REALLY bright) girl who just happened to graduate at the wrong time. She's got her degree in Political Science, but she's versitle.
I've had like 4 hours of sleep in the past 4 or 5 nights because Elliott's teething... again? I'm not sure if he was at first, but a little tiny tooth has broken through and the one right next to it is about to pop. Since I'm tired, I don't care to check my spelling. Hence all the spelling and grammar errors that are surely on this post. I apologize. At least I'm still better than 90% of the people who create Facebook quizzes (and yet, I still subject myself to the quizzes... I have a problem).
Jenna and I are re-watching the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. It's funny.
Elliott's taking a nap right now. That means I will too. Hopefully we'll get pictures up soon, in the mean time if you could all do me a giant favor and nag Jacob I would appreciate it. I think he's starting to tune me out. :) Love you all!
12 June 2009
Where have we BEEN???
Posted by Sara and Jacob at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, it's good to have you back, pictures or no pictures. That said, Jacob get to it!!!!!
love,
Sydney
So I must be really cute! Eh!
No need for pics right now as I will be seeing you in 6 DAYS!
Post a Comment