CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

03 August 2009

Oh, shut up.

Yeah, let's hear it... I'm a slacker, I know. In my defense, Jacob still hasn't finished with all the picture stuff. But mostly it's just been me being lazy. There are, however, a few pictures on the computer that I'm more than willing to share. Elliott's getting so big and SO cute!!

Elliott's doing his part to help Grandma Ashley clean the sink. :)


Here he is at Niagra Falls. He was so hot and tired by the end of the day! Poor little guy...

Again at Niagra, here's Jacob carrying Elliott in the little sling thing we got for him. Jacob doesn't seem like he's in the correct frame of mind to be carrying a baby, does he?

Here's the cute little guy on my 30th birthday. He seems cheerful, probably reveling in the fact that he has his youth, unlike his mom.

Here's the cutest little plumber's crack you'll ever see.
I love him. <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg6qp-NUNJ5iLPd-dRj0MQla-gq2KPUJzvnymOElV15Lt28J6FpGFcU-tAYTRZkSXEeHzl8mnspSd_YmiNxuvtjYgrhpztKu0rz9qRMwSOkYevQHBaq5weZm3XHMnCZqw9KKLhYG7QaMQ/s1600-h/DSCN0610_561.JPG">Our friends Liz and Cody had extra tickets to the Salt Lake Bees game vs. Portland. The Bees got spanked, but it was so much fun to go to a game! I'd forgotten how awesome it is to watch baseball live.


After the game they had a fireworks show. For a minor league game the show was pretty rad.

Ok, so now the updates. We're all doing really well, Elliott is taking his sweet time to learn how to crawl. Not that I'm in any hurry to baby-proof everything... Right now he's getting around by rolling. He'll see something that he wants to play with and he just rolls to it, I've never seen anything like it. :) He's pulling himself up on stuff, but I really want to get him to crawl before he progresses too much, I guess it's pretty important for his brain development. Oh well, right now he just wants to go at his own pace which is fine by me.

Our friend Mari is staying with us for a few months and her family came to visit her for a few weeks. For those of you who don't know Mari, she's Japanese and the only one in her family who speaks English. Her family LOVED Elliott, but there was a pretty big language barrier so they would just play with him and that was it. So one day they were all talking about Elliott and Mari's 9 year old nephew asked who Elliott was. They told him who he was and he said, "Oh, I didn't ever know his name so I've been calling him Kevin." It was SO funny!! The day they told me I overheard him talking to Elliott in Japanese and I distinctly heard him call him Kevin, so now Elliott's got a new nickname: Kevin Smith. :)

He's still the happiest baby ever. He's starting to wake up again at night, but I imagine that it's only because he's teething. He's just the cutest little guy with the cutest little fat rolls you'll ever see. :)

5 comments:

Nancy said...

he is sooooo cute.

Sydney said...

Love the plumbers crack :0) Made me laugh out loud and startle the neighbors I'm sure. Glad your back!

Stephanie said...

So you're 30? That's all I got from that post. I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. Don't worry though I'm not friends with Tyler anymore either. =)

Anonymous said...

Oh to be 30 again!!!
I love Elliott's (Kevin Smith's) butt crack and everything else about this little guy. And for those who have not witnessed Elliott rolling.... trust me - it is just too funny for words.

Aimee said...

I had forgotten to check your post because you take so long