So we've been having some good times as well as some bad ones. I'll start with the bad: Elliott's teething again, only now it's all 4 of his top front teeth at once so he's not a happy baby. I miss my sweet little man who would sleep when he was sleepy, and smile and be happy when he wasn't sleeping. It's been officially over a week since he's taken a full nap during the day, and both he and I are feeling it. So, to spare you with the un-fun details about this experience, I'll just share some cute photos.
Here he is having one of his little meltdowns. He's started to resemble Munch's Scream painting. What do you think?
(I think Elliott's cuter)He does it every single time, it's just too cute.
As I said before, he's hated napping lately so I've needed to exercise my tough love muscles and let him have a good cry in his crib when he needs to sleep. Every now and then he is so exhausted that he cries hard for a minute or two and then promptly falls asleep. When I've gone to check on him I have found this:
So there's surprising news too... Anyone who lays eyes on Elliott always comments on three things:
1. He's cute
2. He's got funny hair
3. He's chubby
All these things are true, his hair sticks up no matter what we do to it, he's the cutest little guy around, and he certainly is chubby. That's why we were so surprised to find out this news at his most recent doctor appointment:
I'm not sure if all of you can read this or not, but he's in the 19th percentile for weight for his age. I got home and asked a few different people in my family to guess what percentile he was in, and all of them guessed between the 95th and 100th. I try not to be one of those moms who can only talk about their child and how amazing and advanced he is (even though he is), but I thought that was pretty funny. He's a chubster, but apparently he's not as chubby as the rest of the 9 month-old kids. :)
So now I guess we'll talk about Elliott's parents and what they've been up to. Many of you know my friend Sarah, she's come with me to family events and I've known her for 15 years (am I really that old???). She's kinda had a bad hand dealt to her the past few years, what with marrying a douchebag only to have him prove his douchbaggery by leaving her and their child with disabilities (sorry for the language... I guess when provoked my husband's language rubs off on me... But it's true, I stand by my usage of the word douchebag). So anyway, she met her perfect match and they were married on September 12th. Here are a few pictures from the wedding:
Jacob's going to school, he's really enjoying this semester so far (sorry, no first-day-of-school pics to share). He's officially changed his major to elementary education and he's been shadowing my mom with her kindergarten class. He's great with kids, I think it's the perfect career for him. He feels really good about this change, so I'm thinking it'll stick. :)
... What better way to end a post than with a few pictures of my adorable son?
The famous bottom lip makes an appearance during a tantrum
A cute picture of one of my favorite outfits (it's kinda hard to see the electric guitar detail on his shirt though)
His first experience with ice cream... He liked it after he was finished pulling the face.
... What better way to end a post than with a few pictures of my adorable son?
Well all, I'd love to upload all day, but it's 1:00 am and this mama hasn't had a very restful week and a half. I'll try to be more diligent in my postings to keep Grandma Ashley happy. Love you all!
4 comments:
And, boy, is Gma Ashley happy:)
The Scream cracked me up - it's perfect. What can I say - I love everything about my chunky monkey. I think the chart is right. He is perfect just the way he is.
I'm very happy for your friend Sarah. Good things do come to those who wait (patiently).
Jacob is going to make a fantastic elementary teacher. What more can I say to that.
Hurray for a new post. Every parent talks about their kids. I talk about mine all the time. Of course I'm married to mine. Tell Sarah mazeltov, that's great
Great pictures! Sarah looks so beautiful. I love her hair! Also, I can't believe Elliott's on the lower part of the growth chart. He's so chunky, but I guess it's not factoring into his weight... Lol. So cute. That's great Jacob's doing education now. He'd be the coolest teacher ever.
That first picture is awesome.
Post a Comment