Last week my dad called me up and asked me to go with him to visit his mother in Oregon, given the fact that I'm only working part time at the moment and it wasn't very busy anyways I was able to take my son and go on this little road trip.
It's been an exciting trip so far. Three generations of Ashley's able to spend some time together and be a part of Elliott's new experiences as we travel through two states. Our first part of the trip was to Winnemucca, and I have to say I wasn't very excited about that part of the trip. The reason for this was because Sara and I on our way back from our honeymoon in San Francisco stayed here in a motel 6, and that motel 6 was one of the worst motels that I have ever stayed in. Why? You may ask? Well because there were gnats, or some form of that type of bug in every corner AND in the bed! So it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences. This time however it was a little different. Since my dad has more money that I do, we were able to stay in a Days Inn, which was significantly better than the first trip. While there Elliott was all sorts of excited about being at Winnemucca, in fact, now that were here in Grants Pass all Elliott can talk about is going back to Winnemucca. I personally think it's because he likes to say the name.
04 August 2012
The Oregon Trail...er, trip
Our rest station
Elliott waiting to go into our room.
Some of the things we saw on our way to Grants Pass
As you can see, these ranchers were moving a very large herd of cows to pasture. This is just a small portion of the herd we saw and there was poo EVERYWHERE! My sympathies to dad's car.
There were several bulls walking down the road as well but I didn't think it appropriate to post those gents.
When we got to Grandma Ashley's house one of the first things that we got to do was ride four wheelers. Elliott had a blast riding them and would hop from rider to rider so he could keep going.
Elliott watching uncle Rick filling up the tires to the quad
Elliott getting ready to ride with Larry
Elliott rides on
The older Ashley enjoying his ride (which he later payed the price for in his back)
We later went and fed the ducks and played in the park. Here's a video for proof.
These geese were douches, but they posed well for the camera. The white goose in the back hissed and raised it's wings at Elliott when he got too close. The nerve!
Our little side trip through the Redwood forest.
Elliott wanted me to stick my tongue out with him.
Elliott took this picture by himself.I'm impressed with the steady hand and being told to stick my tongue out.
What's not to love about this picture? Grandpa and grandson owning the forest.
A few pics and video of us at the ocean. This was Elliott's first experience at the ocean and I'm pretty sure he loved it. Just call it a hunch.
These are just a few of the cool pictures I took of the coast. I have to say, the Oregon coast has to be my favorite to visit. Just amazing scenery.
I took like eight pictures of these guys. They literally sat at my feet eating crackers I gave them.
I added this one because you can see my fingers at the bottom of the picture. This little guy came up and took the cracker from my hand and then let me pet him. We'll see if that was a good idea; I still haven't contracted any disease from doing so yet.
It wasn't long before Elliott got completely wet and had to take his pants off. I'm sure he was glad to do so and quite frankly I didn't feel like having him wear more clothes than he needed to while chasing the tide.
He was trying to run against the tide here and loving it.
I'm going to apologize right now for the quality of this little video. There were two things going against my camera here. One, the battery was dying and two, this camera picks up the glare of the sun really easily. But other than that it looks kinda like a cool vintage fifties recording. I'm well on my way to becoming a hipster. Thanks dad for getting this filmed.
Posted by Sara and Jacob at 11:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Fabulous update! I so wish I could have gone with you guys. But at least I get to see you in a few days!!!
What a memorable trip. Elliot really looked like he had a great time.
It looks like tons of fun. Jacob have you been working out?
Why yes Aimee, yes I have. So kind of you to notice.
Post a Comment