CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

04 June 2013

Shapes and colors

So, I'm trying to find more entertaining ways of helping Elliott learn his shapes and colors. He's actually really good at recognizing and identifying his shapes and colors in books but I thought it would be more exciting trying to find shapes and colors in the world around Elliott. So what I decided to do was take Elliott outside and have him use our camera to take pictures of the shapes and colors. I was hoping it would last longer than it did, but these are some of the things he helped me take pictures of.

Rectangle

Sphere, he also saw circle

Oval

Circle

I confess, I helped him find one square. He decided to count all four.

I'm not sure what shape he found here. My guess it was a triangle...maybe.

Yep, we got triangles here.

He found this circle all by himself.

This one I picked out. He was...starting to lose interest by this point.

We started to take pictures of colors. Obviously green wasn't hard to find.

Yeah, we found pink. 

I told Elliott to find yellow. He took the next couple of minutes to take a picture of his shirt until I decided to help him out.

Lastly, we found white, but sadly Elliott had lost interest in this game and decided to run around in the yard. I thought this picture turned out well.

The last thing I wanted to share with everyone is this wonderful moment. And that wonderful moment was when Elliott spelled his own name without any prompts or help from his parents. It was pretty rad.
This picture is actually a picture of the second time he wrote his name without any help. We weren't able to get the original because he erased it on the account of not like how it looked. He liked the second spelling much better. The kid is becoming a perfectionist. I know he's not getting that from me.

Oh! And for those of you who want to know what the sex of our second child is going to be. We will find out next week. Woo hoo!


0 comments: