I'm thinking that the title of this post should be the title of our blog. All things considered I had no idea that it had been almost a year since I last posted. Why didn't anyone tell me!?...Actually, I'm pretty certain that a few of you namely my sister Rheanna and my mother had mentioned on the rare occasion that I needed to update our blog. Well...wait....hold on Elliott just got up from bed and I have to put him back down. What is it with three year olds and delaying the inevitability of bed time? The only thing they are missing out on is sleep. Don't they understand what a commodity sleep is? Apparently not or else they would be sleeping in until 12. I guess I have to wait until he's thirteen...damn. Ok, hold on. (Noise in background: Elliott! No, there is no more potty runs! Buzz can fly all by himself he doesn't need your help. Wait! No! Keep your underwear on! Why do you insist being naked all the time? Ok, I love you too-goodnight.)
Ok, I'm back. Kids these days, never respecting their parents. I'm told he acts a little bit like me at that age. Hardly. I was the best little runt a parent could ever ask for.
Well since the lot of you are probably wondering what the Ashleys have been up to for the past year I will tell you. Prepare for a long and lengthy, step by step play of the past 12 months.
Elliott has started speaking more coherently, Sara grew an additional 3 inches and enrolled in wilderness survival classes so we should now be good for December 21, 2012 which is, for those of you who don't know is the end of the world and my birthday. Coincidence? I doubt it. !(3#&@ Mayans! always want to put a rain on someone's parade.
We have both started working out and are attempting to lose "some" weight but that isn't going as well as I would like it to. I have one more semester of school left and am looking forward to doing my student teaching this fall. Last semester, woo hoo! It's about time I have a bloody degree. I've spent more time in college than I did high school, something doesn't seem right about that. Anyway! I'm getting side tracked here! So I graduate in December with a teaching certificate ready to teach all sorts of falsehoods to your children like how Fox news is the most accurate place to receive your news, death panels seem to be the most legit way of keeping the population down, and of course you can make a difference in politics, especially as a minority party in Utah.
Oops! I got off on a tangent again. Sorry, you guys are reading this to know what we've been up to, not petty rantings on politics. Where's my head. So yes, the Ashleys have been busy. We've taken up mountain biking (actually riding in the mountains and not just on the street with said mountain bikes) one of us has fallen down the side of the mountain trail not once, but twice! Can you guess which one of us it was? I also got involved in playing Dungeons and Dragons, which is, by the way very fun although Sara has threatened to leave me a couple of times as a result of this live action nerdery (not really). Sara continues to play bunco and Elliott makes friends with just about everyone he meets. He's such a social little guy, I don't know where he gets this extroverted personality from. However, I guess now would be a good time to teach him about stranger danger. Look, Elliott. Just because someone offers you candy doesn't mean they're a good person. There, I taught him; I just have to remember to tell him to read this post. We're still consistently poor and living paycheck to paycheck so if anyone would like to buy a 20 year old Lexus let me know :) I think that about sums it all up for us over the past year. Like I said, very exciting and very busy. Sara recently had her birthday and we had a fun little BBQ in her honor. So to make up for that I leave you with this short clip of Elliott reading. I apologize for it cutting out a little early I hadn't cleared the camera's memory yet. Oh, and more pictures will come of only Elliott, because that's they only person everyone really cares about seeing anyway.
The above image is of Elliott playing Temple Run upside down on the couch. What else would it be?
2 comments:
WHA!!! A Blog post? I was so pleasantly surprised. More please. BTW- the video wouldn't work. It said it was "private". You didn't confuse video tapes, did you Ms Kardashian, I mean Jacob?
Yeah, sorry about that. The video has been fixed so you can watch it for your viewing pleasure. Although I almost did confuse tapes, but caught it at the last minute. Whew!
I'll have another post up shortly.
Post a Comment