CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

02 March 2009

Play time with Daddy and Sara's nerdiness

So I was having Jacob do play time with Elliott. I should have known better...






After this, I suggested that Jacob read to Elliott. This is what I got...



...And now for something completely different (this is evidence that Jacob isn't the only nerd in the family):
If any of you really, truly know me, you know that I love to cook. I also love the Food Network, and I LOVE Giada's shows. She always seems so down to earth, and the recipes she creates are always yummy and easy. She's my total favorite. In fact, just the other day I was thinking about how different my life would be without Elliott, and if I didn't have him what would I be doing. I decided that if I couldn't have the dream job I already have (taking care of the cutest little boy EVER), I would go a completely different route and have the dream job of working with Giada De Laurentiis.
So yesterday at church I was talking to a friend of mine (Marin) whose sister (Katie) grew up with me. I was asking how Katie was doing, and Marin got this happy look on her face that said, "Oh boy, do I have an exciting story for you!!" So apparently Katie and her husband recently moved to LA because he's started dental school. Katie heard that Giada was having a book signing of her most recent cook book, and she decided to get in on that action. While she was there, she went up to Giada's assistant, told her that she'd just moved to the city, and asked if they had any job opportunities. 2 weeks later Katie gets a call from Giada's assistant, and was offered a job as a dish washer. Katie accepted, went to work, and by the end of the day she was promoted to assistant producer. Yes, you read it right. She was promoted THAT DAY. My friend Katie has my dream job!! I was so totally star struck when Marin was telling me! And now you know why Jacob isn't the only nerd. I get start struck and WAY too excited when I hear a second-hand story about a Food Network star.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

my son will love me all the more for rolling him over and teaching politics according to Stephen Colbert.

Aimee said...

I love how E.J. has two different socks on

Sara and Jacob said...

Yeah, what can I say... He's my son. Of course I'll mismatch his socks! :)

Sydney said...

Loved the dual socks as well... and Elliots political leanings (a la Stephen Colbert). BTW Sara, nothing wrong with the food network... have you discovered epicurious.com yet? My fave website for recipes. And as to being star struck... occasionally I even am susceptible to it here in LA. Ran into Diane Keaton twice and was star struck both times. Keep the Elliot pictures coming. He's beautiful.

Stephanie said...

Elliot is getting so big and cute! Fun pictures!

Anonymous said...

Okay - So first, Jacob's singing abiities are from his mother, including the fact that he can't remember all the words to the song and makes them up; 2nd reading to his baby... yeah, me too; 3rd using baby as a play toy...
QUILTY!!!
As for mismatched socks - that would be ALL Jacob:)

Jennifer said...

You are too funny. I love what dad's thinks is fun and how they play with their kids and Jacob is no exception. Elliot is going to have a lot of fun with you two. (Daniel & I love the Stephen Colbert book).

Rack said...

OMG you guys are totally so geeky! JK. It's okay, my husband reads the Shellcoders Handbook for FUN! So obviously I like nerds. :)