CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

26 March 2009

Sunshine, sicknes, kung-fu, etc...

A lot has happened since I last posted. We had a few days of GORGEOUS weather, but it turns out that Mother Nature was just pulling a fast one on us. We enjoyed it while it was here, though. Elliott and I went on a walk every day and the little guy needed some protection. It was super cute.
It didn't last for long, though (yesterday it snowed!!). Soon it was cold and dreary, and this past Monday Jacob had to come home early from work because he was feeling sick. By Tuesday he was worse, Wednesday he was even worse, and he decided to share the love. Elliott didn't sleep very well on Tuesday night and Wednesday it was pretty obvious that Jacob had shared what he had with Elliott. What a thoughtful dad! :) Wednesday night Elliott was really fussy and he felt REALLY warm. We decided to take his temperature.
I didn't know what to do, I was kind of freaking out (okay, I was really freaking out). We called Elliott's pediatrician's office and the nurse said that a baby that young shouldn't have a temperature that high so we should take him to the E.R. We raced as fast as we could go to the hospital and we got right in, we were really lucky.

After checking him, the doctor said that it was most likely a virus so the most we'd be able to do at this point was watch him. There was nothing he could do to treat it, and he'd most likely be better within a couple of days. When we got home we fed him and he was just so worn out and looking so sad, it was heartbreaking.
The next morning (Thursday), this is how it was:





He had been talking and playing in his crib, but he always stops when he sees the camera. The most important thing was that his temperature was down, and he was back to being his lovely cheerful self! :)

So that's what's been going on. Here are some random fun clips of recent events for your viewing pleasure...



More playtime with daddy...



Giggles :) ...

Ladies and gentlemen... He's growing hair!! (He still likes to wear grandma Ashley's present though -- a onesie that says "FBI: Fat, Bald, and Innocent")

It's 1:00 am. I'm finishing this post. Bye!!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

He is SOOOO cute! It was great to see you yesterday.

Anonymous said...

First - THANK YOU!
He's so adorable and I can't wait to get my hands on him when you come out. All the videos are just too fun / cute. (I would like to see him in his FBI shirt. Does it fit?)
2nd - I check your post every day and yet according to the date you posted 2 days ago?! I don't get it. Oh well, I am just thrilled to see my g-baby. Love ya.

Aimee said...

Glad everyone is feeling better

Jennifer said...

I'm glad everyone is better. He is so cute and I love it when the never perform (or stop) when you try to get it on video, still so cute!

Sydney said...

First- how scary when they're sick and I'm so glad he's better. Second- how nice that Jacob has a new play toy called, "Elliot"; third- I LOVED that Dr. Seuss shirt!

Unknown said...

Holy crap, Sara. I can't wait to move back home!!

Also, he is so fat! It's awesome!