So my baby is an angel baby, or at least that's what I think. He's handled going over to Chelsea's house this week like a dream. I am truly so blessed to have loving family around who are willing to help us out. I have been able to drop him off and leave him twice in the same week without any tears on either part (totally rude, by the way -- I think Elliott should be at least as emotional as his mommy is to be away from each other). So I was thinking about all of this today and I thought I'd follow suit with my mom and Rheanna and blog about my blessings, for you to enjoy.
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband. I was engaged before I met him to an Army dude. He was nice most of the time, happy some of the time, and he'd be entertaining some of the time. Jacob, on the other hand, is nice ALL of the time. I didn't believe he was for real when I first met him. He really is nice to me all of the time, and I'll be the first to admit that I don't deserve it as much as he gives it. Jacob isn't super happy all of the time, but he tries so hard to be all of the time. He really honestly cares about those around him and he wants them to be happy. He is the most sincere person I have met. Jacob is also funny. He makes me laugh every single day, and many days I really need it. I am so glad that I met him and that I finally listened to my family and decided to date him. :) I have always said that JC (my ex-fiance) was the reason I stopped being a doormat. When I met Jacob, he re-taught me compassion and love and how to be more soft. AND HE CLEANS!! He doesn't even complain about it.
I love Elliott, I love him so much. Every day I get to look at him and watch him grow and learn and develop. He is such a talker! I love it when he looks at me and coos, like he's telling me about his day. Lately when he's going to sleep, we'll put him in his crib and he'll grab his blanket and cover his face with it. It's just another small thing that he does that seems insignificant but it just about brings tears to my eyes when it happens. He is such a sweet boy, and such a good baby. If my doctors have their way, Elliott will be our only biological child. I'm not sure yet what lies ahead for us, but if Elliott turns out to be our one and only, I will still want for nothing. I see a world of possibilities in him, I see his personality peeking through, and he is such a tender mercy for our family.
I am so grateful for my parents! It is such a blessing to have them so close. When I tell people that I live in my parents' basement apartment, everyone comments on the convenience of a built-in babysitter. It's true, we've gone to them more than once to babysit, but they are so much more than that. I see them interact with Elliott and I see how much they love him, and it just makes me so happy to know how much this child that I would do anything for is loved by his grandparents. I knew that they would love him, but it melts my heart to see it. I also see how they interact with each other. When I was 15, I was in my parents' room talking to my mom and she said to me, "Sara, your dad and I are so happy and in love. It almost makes me feel sad for you, because I know that you could never be as happy as we are." (Cecily is right, my mom will NEVER live that one down!!) But you know what? I am so, so happy. And because of that statement my mom said to me 15 years ago, I figured out that that kind of happiness was obtainable. I traded in my JC and went out and got me a Jacob. :)
I am also so grateful for my parents-in-law. I am so, so lucky to get along with them!! I remember the first time I talked to Becky on the phone, she was just telling me stories about Jacob when he was young and I just remember being so relieved that she was easy to talk to. I don't even remember how long we talked for, but by the end of it Jacob was sure getting worried. :) When I was going to meet John for the first time I was so, so scared. He was coming out for Christmas pretty close to when we got engaged, so I was just really nervous because I knew that he was going to be family now. Jacob kept on telling me not to be anxious, but I couldn't help it. All that anxiety just melted away the minute I met him. They are both such warm, caring people with such kind hearts and I can't wait to get to Pennsylvania to visit them.
I love my siblings and my siblings-in-law. Honestly, I can't imagine life without any of them anymore. I love how well we all get along, because that means that Elliott will have cousins that he can play with and have close relationships with, something I never really had.
I'm so, so blessed with our extended family, both the family that I married into and the family I was born into. They stretch from L.A. to Florida, and everywhere in between. I really wish everyone was closer so I could see you all more frequently, but I'm glad we've been able to stay connected via blogs and email. I love you all so much more, but I have a feeling this will be quite the long entry, so I'll finish there. Sorry for the sap! :)
12 March 2009
We survived!!
Posted by Sara and Jacob at 10:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I shouldn't have read this at work. You and Mom both make me cry too much!
Amen Jenna! I read this at work and almost started crying to! Love you!
Oh Sara, it's hard to find words except thank you for loving my boy and grandbaby. We love you and echo your sentiments about family and be close (please come visit soon).
I can't believe you're never going to stop telling people about that one dumb thing I said!!! You ungrateful child!
How sweet was that? I loved it
Sara, that was the sweetest most loving and tender blog entry. We love you too!!! I can't wait until I get to actually meet Elliot and hold that little guy. In the meantime, you hug him for me.
First Elliot is so cute and I love the cheeks. Second that was such a sweet post I'm glad I got to read it.
I love happy posts! Yay for being grateful and happy!
Post a Comment